'Planter Box' course
Time - 4 hours - Sunday afternoon.
The 'planter Box' takes the form of a treated wooden container in which a plastic planter trough is held. The treated timber used allows the product to be kept outside
The product can either be placed on a windowsill or used in the garden and measures approx. 470x220x150.
You will be taught how to:
- correctly use basic measuring and marking up tools
- saw and chisel accurately
- use a simple jig to guide sawing
- cut lap joints
- drill clearance holes and countersink
- screw components together
For photos see 'Planter Box' under the 'Course Skills Photos' Tab
Cost: £68.00 (including planter trough)
Times: Sunday afternoon, 14:30 - 18:30
Availability: Three spaces per course for each of the dates below
(B=space booked, A=space available)
- 17 September [BBB]
- 15th October [BBB]
- 26th November [BAA]
- 14th January [BAA]
- 25th February [AAA]
What you will take away from the course:
- A taste of woodworking gained from 4 hours of enjoyable, forgiving, hands on experience.
- Your completed 'planter box'.
- The skills needed to make similar products in your own home.
"Just wanted to say thanks and how much I enjoyed Sun afternoon. Really nice bunch of people to do it with, guided by your generosity and good humour. Hope to see
again in the autumn."
(Richard York -June 2014)