Spice Rack course
Time: 10.5 hours-Two consecutive Sunday mornings.
On this course you will make the two-drawer spice rack illutrated below (12 spice jar capacity):
You will learn how to:
- correctly use a range of measuring and marking-up tools
- saw, chisel and plane to high levels of accuracy and tolerance;
- cut lap and housing joints;
- glue and cramp-up jointed components;
- pin and glue components
- sand and finish components
For photos of skills taught go to Spice Rack Skills tab
Times: Two consecutive Sunday mornings,
- Session 1 08:00 - 12:30
- Session 2 08:00 - 14:00
Availability: Three spaces per course for each of the dates below
- 10th/17th September [BBB]
- 8th/15th October [BAA]
- 19th/26th November [AAA]
- 7th/14th January [AAA]
- 18th/25th February [AAA]
What you will take away from the course:
- An understanding of basic woodworking gained from ten and a half hours of enjoyable, forgiving, hands on experience.
- An awareness of what to buy in the way of necessary woodworking tools.
- Your completed two drawer spice rack.
"Just wanted to drop you a quick note to say how much I had enjoyed the woodworking course this last couple of weekends.
I'm really surprised at how many new skills I managed to pick up in two short sessions - I could easily have carried on all day! You've got an excellent set up
there for teaching / learning and I'm really proud of what I managed to achieve, so thank you.
You'll be pleased to know that the spice rack has pride of place in my kitchen - and I'm looking forward to the next project already!"
(Chris Haydon -June 2014)