Duration: 10.5 hours - 2 x Sunday am.
On this course you will make the Spice Unit illustrated below:
You will learn to:
- use measuring and marking-up tools accurately
- use saws, chisels and a plane to a high standard;
- mark up and cut housing and lap joints;
- glue up and clamp the joints you made;
- pin elements together;
- glasspaper and apply a finish to your product.
For photographs of the skills taught Click this Link
When: Two consecutive Sunday mornings,
- Session 1 08:00 - 12:30
- Session 2 08:00 - 14:00
Places available: Three places per session for each of these dates:
- 10th/17th June [BBB]
- 9th/16th September [BBB]
- 7th/14th October [BBB]
- 18th/25th November [BAA]
- 6th/ 13th January [AAA]
- 17th/24th February [AAA]
What you will take away from the course:
- An understanding of basic woodworking gained from ten and a half hours of enjoyable, forgiving, hands on experience.
- An awareness of what to buy in the way of necessary woodworking tools.
- Your completed two drawer spice rack.
"Just wanted to drop you a quick note to say how much I had enjoyed the woodworking course this last couple of weekends.
I'm really surprised at how many new skills I managed to pick up in two short sessions - I could easily have carried on all day! You've got an excellent set up
there for teaching / learning and I'm really proud of what I managed to achieve, so thank you.
You'll be pleased to know that the spice rack has pride of place in my kitchen - and I'm looking forward to the next project already!"
(Chris Haydon -June 2014)