'Window Box' course
Duration - 4.0 hours - Sunday PM.
The 'Window Box' is a frame made from treated wood containig a plastic trough. The wood used means that the window box can be left outdoors.
The product can either be placed on a windowsill or used in the garden and measures approx. 47.0x22.0x15.0 cms.
You will learn how to:
- use measuring tools and marking up tools accurately
- chisel to a line and saw to 0.1 mm
- use a jig to help sawing
- joint the sides effectively
- drill and countersink prior to screwing components together
For photographs of the skills taught Click this link
Fee: £69.00 (plastic liner included)
When: Sunday pm, 14:30 - 18:30
Places available : Three places per session for each of these dates:
(B=space booked, A=space available)
- 14th January [BBB]
- 25th February [BBB]
- 25th March [BBB]
- 22nd April [BBB]
- 20th May [BBB]
- 17th June [BBA]
What you will take away from the course:
- A taste of woodworking gained from 4 hours of enjoyable, forgiving, hands on experience.
- Your completed 'planter box'.
- The skills needed to make similar products in your own home.
"Just wanted to say thanks and how much I enjoyed Sun afternoon. Really nice bunch of people to do it with, guided by your generosity and good humour. Hope to see
again in the autumn."
(Richard York -June 2014)